What’s different about IKAIKA DECKING?
It’s in the name.
Ikaika: Strong, powerful, sturdy, stalwart, potent; strength, force, energy, might, vigor, determination
IKAIKA DECKING is the NEW pressure treated wood available at Honsador.
Most pressure treated product is a hemlock fir mix, which is known for twisting and cupping – not ideal for a decking material. IKAIKA DECKING is made to survive the harsh Hawaiian climates – persistent sunlight, heavy rains and close proximity to salt water – by combining an advanced pressure treatment process to Douglas Fir, an extremely resistant, durable wood with a lifespan of more than 20 years. You’ll be able to relax and enjoy your deck for years to come, knowing it is also resistant to fungal decay and termites.
IKAIKA DECKING not only lasts as long as cedar, but it’s treated to guard against fungal decay and termites. How does it compare against cedar? Less money, more protection. IKAIKA DECKING offers the beauty of wood that you’ll enjoy for decades!
10 Reasons to Choose IKAIKA DECKING for your next project!
- Economical. (approximately 35% less than composite, 20% less than cedar)
- High quality real wood.
- Resists fungal decay and termites.
- Low maintenance.
- Pre-finished – no painting or staining.
- Readily Available.
- Extends the lifespan of your deck
- Simple and Fast Installation.
- No Special Tools.
- Completely safe for people, plants and animals
- No maintenance is needed to renew resistance to fungi and termites.
- To project against moisture damage, apply an effective brand of surface water repellent as soon as your project is finished and re-apply every year or two.
- To revitalize a dingy appearance caused by dirt and mildew, use deck brightener to clean.
- Apply end-cut solution to all field cut ends.